Mountain View offers a range of rooms, all with the quality you are not always able to find in a village bed and breakfast guest house, and combines these with the best available local produce served at breakfast time. We have topped this off with the personal service you can only get from a guest house run by and lived in by its owners.
We have flexibility for several types of accommodation, ranging from our superior double room, through to our smaller rooms with their own wood-burning stoves, to suit several budgets and requirements. The buildings are furnished with custom-made brocade curtains, hand-selected art we collected on our travels, as well as quirky antique market finds and upcycled vintage furniture. All our beds have sumptuous superior mattresses which are very comfortable – one of the most important things for you, so you can be sure of a good night’s sleep!
All of our accommodation has been carefully planned and designed to offer a comfortable, warm and relaxing place to chill out after a day’s activities. We look forward to welcoming you to our guest house and making your stay in Tipperary special.
Facilities we offer at Mountain View:
- Luxury beds for a perfect night’s sleep – many beds have pocket sprung mattresses
- Comfortably squashy pillows and quilts
- Free WiFi internet connection
- Iron and ironing board
- Coffee, speciality teas, biscuits and sweets
- Tea and coffee making facilities in each room
- Double glazed bedrooms
- Complimentary toiletries
- Tissues, cotton wool and cotton buds supplied
- Comprehensive local information
- Payment by debit and credit cards accepted
- Children welcome
- Free off-road car parking, bike storage, gear storage (at your own risk)
- Freezer facilities
- All accommodation is on the ground floor – no stairs
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Delicious breakfasts inclusive in the charge which is complemented by our home-made marmalade, cafetieres of coffee, and pots of speciality teas. All food served is vegetarian.
- Veranda (large covered porch) furnished with armchairs and coffee tables, a great place to relax in the fresh air but out of reach of any rain. Smokers can puff away here out of the elements.
- Laid back, friendly atmosphere
Choose from the following room or stay types:
Room One is our most spacious room in the main house. This room is furnished with a large double bed. There’s also a small table and armchairs, and tea and coffee making facilities (not shown). The room is furnished with paintings, vintage pieces, as well as nightstands and lamps as you’d expect. The bathroom is just down the hall. This room sleeps two in the double bed and a camp bed can be added, at no extra charge. This room’s charge is €45 per night, including breakfast and free WiFi.
Room Two is a room in the main house, equipped with a double bed. This room comes complete with its own wood-burning stove, as well as a table and armchairs, and tea and coffee-making facilities (not shown). The bathroom is just down the hall. This room’s charge is €45 per night, including breakfast and free WiFi.
Room Three is in fact an entire slate-roofed cottage, a very spacious twin room, equipped with two single beds. A camp bed is available too. This room comes with its own wood-burning stove, a table and chairs, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Please note the lavatory is a few steps away across a lawn and is an eco-toilet with handwash basin, and the shower’s in the main house. This room’s charge is €45 per night, including breakfast and free WiFi.
Camping. You will need your own campervan, caravan, or tent. You will be able to choose your own camping spot from a selection of lawns and paddocks when you arrive. Breakfast will be served in the main house. Please note that there is no electric or water hookup for campers, but it is possible to charge your phones etc in the main house. The lavatory is a few steps away across a lawn and is an eco-toilet with handwash basin, and the shower is in the main house. The charge is €20 per person per night, including breakfast and free WiFi.
To check availability or for information on individual rooms at our guest house, call us to discuss your room requirements and book into our beautiful guest house on 087 764 7080 (+353 87 764 7080 from abroad). We look forward to speaking with you.